Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We were born to live here, We were born to die here














Yesterday I gave the Voxtrot EP's some spins after a few months away from them, and damn if they aren't still brilliant Indie Pop. I find it interesting that some of the sounds that can be heard in their music, like The Smiths, The Housemartins and Belle And Sebastian can be elements that might not particularly interest you singularly yet when combined, and dusted lightly with time passed, can be so enticing and invigorating. But I suppose I'm cutting out the individuality of Voxtrot themselves when I say this. In any case, the greater move away from these immediate influences as shown on Mothers, Sisters, Daughters And Wives, and continued by Your Biggest Fan, leaves one with an excited and nervous wait when their debut s/t album is finally released this year.

official site

Their Space

Lead singer's blog

No comments: